Thursday, January 29, 2015

Meaningless Chatter

Meaningless Chatter


I'm too tired to write down the bones.

My ears are ringing and my eyes feel like clones.

My skeleton is padded with too many words.

Fatty clumps of adjectives sticking like curds.

And nouns abound 'round my skinny ribs.
 
Conjunctions join the twins in the cribs.

Another verb and I'm swimming in gunk.

A few more pronouns we'll stick on my trunk.


Just meaningless chatter that jitters my nerves.

More paper to look at or stick on my curves.

I know I am grateful for all you have done.

But listening to paragraphs isn't much fun.

I love you brothers and know you are fine.

Writing down words doesn’t take any time.

Eight minutes to write on this wintery day.

I've written things down, now I'm going on my way.

Goodbye.


8 minute writing exercise
January 29th, 2015
Janni Spiller

No comments: