Sunday, July 28, 2013

"God Night, My Love"

                                        " God Night, my love."


                                       It’s 3 am, I’m wide awake.
                                          My mirror shows an old lady.
                                          Another chance for me to shake
                                    my thoughts of death that are so shady

                                         That I forgot to laugh with joy,
                                    Or jump with glee at thoughts of God
                                         Who is my Savior, my envoy,
                                      Who keeps me safe above the sod.

                                It’s “HELP! Show me! Thank you my Lord”


                                      Beyond this frame, this cloak of fear,
                                              I am not guilty of discord.

                                     “Forgive and bless yourself, my dear.”

                                                    I search my mind
                                                     and there I find,
                                          “How may I help you Janni?
                                                      Hot chocolate?
                                                        Soft music?
                                                A Course in Miracles?
                                                    A walk-a-bout?
                                                    A stretch or two?
                                                  A letting go of you?
                                                              No?”

                                   “I think I will just dream of You.
                                             Thank you, Father.”

                                          “God night, my Love.”

                 (10 minute writing exercise July 28th, 2013, by Janet Spiller)


No comments: