Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Illusions

Did you know that to believe
you take a thought and then do weave
a story from it that does deceive
all in this world, so you may perceive
illusions.

Whatever comes to your mind to think
just know it's gone in another wink.
It's only when you stall and hum
that thoughts cement and thus become
illusions.

Because I'm just a human being
beyond God's thoughts or in between
I find I'm sad or mad or glad
defining this image as full of bad
illusions.

A gal that's happy to be free
of thoughts of you and thoughts of me.
Alone I drift upon the sea
wondering now who holds the key
to illusions.

This nothingness, which I gladly bare
dost keep me dancing in the air
or swimming in the great nowhere
so deep it leaves no one to care
about illusions.

And so I go about this world
a human being whose hair is curled
with thoughts a wandering in fields all pearled
with illusions.


Janet Spiller
December 16th, 2016
8 minute writing exercise.

No comments: